CANTEK MODEL CFS100 / EM-12 DEFECT SAW AND END-MATCHING SYSTEM:
Consisting of a CANTEK model "CFS-100" Optimizing Cut-Off Saw followed by a CANTEK Model "EM 12" Through-Feed End Matcher and with the following specifications and features:
CANTEK "CFS-100" OPTIMIZING CUT-OFF SAW
- Up to 3.2" x 12" cutting capacity with 18" x 30 mm bore sawblade is driven by a 10 HP motor driving the saw spindle at 3,200 RPM; 2.7 HP servo drive feed system drives the stock up to 260 FPM; 0.787" min. distance between crayon marks; requires 75 to 80 PSI at the saw and 100 to 120 PSI at defect blow-off station. Machine comes completely wired and programmed.
- Machine is ideal for separating crayon marked waste zones from useable material before entering into a feed-thru End Matcher; provides (3) times greater production than manual cut-off saws.
5% + Material recovery (yield increase) over manual cutting; compact and user-friendly design; controller adopts an industrial grade computer that employs a 32-bit floating-point DSP system and features flash and battery backup SRAM for double security; superior to conventional PC-based controls, it can fully eliminate the machine going down or being damaged due to a poor environment, such as, unstable voltage, high temperature, sawdust, etc.
- With defect blow-off system combined with computerized logic control permits the blow-off time and the length of defect to be set as desired; provides efficient defect removal and eliminates defects from bumping against the sawblade, resulting in the machine going down or sawblade damage.
- Computer control provides easy and fast maintenance; feed system driven by a servo motor for fast and accurate motion and position control; max. feed speed up to 260 FPM; cutting rate up to 80 cuts per minute with cutting accuracy within approx. ±1mm / 0.40"; control employs a touch screen for easy learning and operation.
- New machine design features maximum maintenance convenience; high quality electric components provide maximum dependability; safety guards for maximum operator protection; 48" long infeed table standard - longer available option; 18" carbide blade included.
(5) Cutting modes include:
- Adjustable end cuts to a max. of 10mm (0.4")
- Fixed length of cutting mode.
- Sequential cutting mode with (10) sets of cutting sizes held in memory (for sequential cutting mode only).
- Cutting on fluorescent marks with double-end trimming (perfect solution for end matching).
- Reading fluorescent marks with double end trim, fixed-length, random length end match, and finger joint block cutting.
CANTEK "EM-12" END MATCHER
- Continuous through-feed system; handles random length min. 10.6" to any length x 0.4" to 1.38" thickness x 12" width capacity;
- 295 FPM max. feed speed; average speed of 75 FPM based on 6'-6" board lengths; with 118" infeed and 98" outfeed tables;
- 5.5 HP Shaper motors, 1 HP feed motor and 1/2 HP cutter stroke motor and 24-volt control system; clamping from the top and outside side; 40 mm spindle dia.;
- 6" Dia. dust outlets; requires 85 PSI @ 12 CFM and a 12.5 total connected load at 230/460/575 Volt, 60 Cy, 3-Phase operation.
Standard features include:
- (1) Set tongue & groove cutterheads, heavy-duty self-supporting mainframe; compact design requires minimum floor space;
- Capable of processing material as short as 11" to an unlimited length;
- Variable speed through-feed system is controlled by frequency inverter; VFD mechanical drives for better control and elimination of surging as found with worn hydraulic drives.
The through-feed system allows the tongue to be cut simultaneously on the tail of one board and the leading edge of the next board; powered top urethane rolls and spring-loaded bed rollers feed the material into position for processing; pneumatic side pressure system ensures the material is held square against the fence; safety and noise reduction enclosure.